Sculptor Jan Ambrůz (*1956) graduated from the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague. His interest in figural sculpture, which formed his early work, was followed by his interest in geometry. He works with the heritage of geometric art and minimalism, as well as land art, where the placement of the artwork in an often temporary landscape plays a significant role. Since the late 1980s, Ambrůz has created subtle constructions and installations made of sheet glass and wooden works made both for the exterior and the interior. Later on, he also created iron and marble objects installed in line with the floor. His artworks are characterized by their monumental character and technical precision; however, paradoxically, these qualities are disrupted by the ephemerality, emotionality and subtlety with which the artist imbues them. Jan Ambrůz went on residencies at Pilchuck Glass School in the US and heads the Studio of Sculpture II at the Faculty of Fine Arts at Brno University of Technology. He is a holder of the Honorary Jindřich Chalupecký Award 1990.